Swordfish with Roasted Salsa
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons black olives chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds swordfish steaks or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, toss together cherry tomatoes, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and olive oil. Spread evenly then bake for 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add lemon zest, olives, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss to blend then set aside. Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Grill fish steaks for 4 minutes per side or until they flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve topped with salsa. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 221 Calories; 7g Fat; 31g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!