Sweet and Sour Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 medium orange zested
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Prepare glaze: In a small saucepan, place first 6 ingredients (honey through water); bring mixture to a boil, stirring until honey has dissolved.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture has reduced and is thick and syrupy (7 to 8 minutes); strain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle drumsticks with olive oil, season with salt and pepper then place them on a foillined baking sheet; bake for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven, drizzle with glaze and toss to coat.
- Return to oven; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until glaze has started to caramelize. Cool drumsticks for at least 10 minutes before serving.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried sliced zucchini and yellow squash and red bell pepper strips on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure coco-aminos is gluten free. NUTRITION per serving: 270 Calories; 11g Fat; 27g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 458mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!