Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash seasoning salt optional
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cup finely chopped white button mushrooms
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Halve the bell peppers lengthwise. Remove stem end, ribs, and seeds. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté ground beef, onion and garlic until just brown.
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and seasoning salt (if desired). Stir well then drain off any fat.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions and cheese. Stir until cheese has melted then remove skillet from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour the broth into a large baking dish. Fill bell pepper halves with the beef mixture then tightly place them in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil wrap and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil wrap from baking dish and spoon some of the juices over the filled bell peppers.
- Replace foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add cheese bread sticks. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION per serving: Per Serving: 438 Calories; 8g Fat; 20g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 260mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!