Spicy Pork Loin with Braised Baby Bok Choy
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 tablespoons low sodium coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pork tenderloin on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine seasonings (cumin through salt); rub mixture over the surface of the tenderloin. Heat half of the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add tenderloin and brown on all sides, (about 5 minutes) then return to a cleaned baking sheet and roast, uncovered, until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 145 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat until hot. Add bok choy; cook and stir for 3 minutes then add broth and coco-aminos. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until bok choy is tender; remove from pan, leaving cooking juices behind.
- Bring pan juices to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half then pour mixture over bok choy. When tenderloin is done, transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices; serve with a drizzle of pan juices with braised baby bok choy on the side.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed sliced carrots and snow peas. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add brown rice. KOSHER: Use a boneless skinless turkey breast instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and coco-aminos are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 277 Calories; 12g Fat; 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 92mg Cholesterol; 802mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!