Spicy Flank Steak Kabobs
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large orange thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large chunks
- 2 medium green bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into large chunks
- 2 medium red onions peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 medium zucchini halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place beef cubes in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together next 8 ingredients (orange juice through hot pepper sauce). Pour mixture over beef, seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM. Alternately thread steak cubes and vegetables onto skewers. Grill, turning occasionally until kabobs are cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve kabobs over brown rice; add steamed or grilled asparagus spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, use additional vegetables and use the marinade as a basting sauce for your veggie kabobs. KOSHER: Make: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, chili sauce and hot pepper sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 211 Calories; 7g Fat; 18g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 373mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!