Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons low sodium coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat slow cooker to HIGH.
- Place onions and chicken in slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (garlic through black pepper); pour mixture over onions and chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice. Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of chicken. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure ketchup, vinegar, mustard and coco-aminos are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 211 Calories; 2g Fat; 36g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 515mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!