Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme optional
- Place chicken in a slow cooker and drizzle with lime juice.
- Add remaining ingredients (garlic through thyme). Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks then blend with slow cooker juices.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill large Romaine lettuce leaves with chicken mixture; top with chopped lettuce, red onion and shredded Cheddar cheese then wrap and serve. Add a relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, cucumber spears and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Instead of Romaine lettuce leaves, use warmed whole wheat flour tortillas. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 416 Calories; 20g Fat; 52g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 151mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!