Shrimp Salad with Vietnamese Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large Fresno chili pepper OR jalapeno pepper, de-seeded, de-ribbed and finely chopped
- 1 piece ginger peeled and grated, 1/2-inch
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce substitute with coconut aminos if you desire
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined and cooked
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (garlic through honey); set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together salad greens, shrimp and cilantro; drizzle with dressing and toss again.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced English cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce (or coco-aminos) is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 227 Calories; 4g Fat; 26g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 175mg Cholesterol; 193mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!