Shrimp Penne with Gorgonzola Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 medium red onion sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 15-oz. jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 ounce gorgonzola cheese or use blue cheese
- 1 pound penne pasta cooked
- Sprinkle shrimp with Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook until onions are almost translucent. Add shrimp and cook until light pink and almost done; drain off any excess oil.
- Reduce skillet heat to low; stir in Alfredo sauce and milk then simmer until well blended and shrimp are fully cooked. Whisk in cheese until melted then season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta; toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the shrimp. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 644 Calories; 24g Fat (34.3% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 67g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 218mg Cholesterol; 975mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!