Salt and Five Spice Chicken
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce or use chili oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, combine lemon juice, hot sauce (or chili oil) and a pinch of five spice powder. Add chicken thighs and turn to coat. Set them aside and allow them to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken pieces and sear for 2 minutes per side or until crisp and golden. Transfer to baking dish and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. In a small bowl or cup, combine remaining Chinese five spice powder and salt.
- To serve, evenly arrange chicken and small piles of the salt/spice mixture on dinner plates. To eat, dip the chicken into the salt/spice mixture. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure hot sauce and Chinese five spice powder are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 118 Calories; 4g Fat; 19g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 1587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!