Salmon with Spiced Greens
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger divided
- 4 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 1 large lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, place butter and half of the olive oil along with next 6 ingredients (garlic through half of the gingerroot).
- Cook until butter bubbles and edges of the mixture start to brown; remove from heat and set aside. Squeeze lemon juice over the fillets then drizzle them with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add salmon; cook for 3 minutes then turn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes; remove from pan and allow fish to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, strain the butter mixture and place it in a large skillet over mediumhigh heat until hot; add chopped kale and sauté for 2 minutes. Add remaining gingerroot and continue to cook until kale is just tender. Arrange kale on dinner plates; top with salmon and serve braised kale on the side.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked Hubbard squash. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add roasted fingerling potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 344 Calories; 17g Fat; 37g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!