Rosemary Beef Stuffed Cabbage
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium head cabbage
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the first 4 ingredients (broth through garlic) and stir. Cook sauce for 10 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef and onion. Cook for 10 minutes, until beef is brown and onion is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut cabbage in half and remove core. Carefully peel off cabbage leaves and spoon about 1/4 cup of ground beef and onion and roll up. Place cabbage rolls, seam side down, in a large baking dish. Pour coconut aminos over cabbage rolls and place in the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cabbage is tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. NUTRITION: 333 Calories; 24g Fat (65.0% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 100mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!