Root Veggie and Pumpkin Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cups chopped parsnips
- 2 large stalks celery
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the next 5 ingredients (onion through chicken) and cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is brown and vegetables are slightly tender.
- To the chicken mixture, add the remaining ingredients (lime zest to pumpkin puree) and stir. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp. NUTRITION: 469 Calories; 33g Fat (60.9% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 140mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!