Roasted Vegetable Cilantro Quinoa Salad
- 1 small yellow squash de-seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini de-seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 6 cups cooked quinoa
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 ounces goat cheese diced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together squash, zucchini, 1/4 cup of olive oil, the salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Spread mixture on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place remaining olive oil, Parmesan, vinegar, sugar and lemon juice and zest in a blender or food processor; pulse until smooth. Fold cilantro puree and roasted vegetables into the prepared quinoa; season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over mixed greens and top with diced goat cheese and cherry tomato halves.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced English cucumber on the side VEGETARIAN: No change necessary. KOSHER: No change necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving 913 Calories; 33g Fat; 31g Protein; 131g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 12mg Cholesterol; 153mg Sodium. Exchanges: 8 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 24
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!