Pumpkin Cider Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 14-oz can pumpkin puree not pie filling!
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- DO AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (puree through cumin) until well blended; pour mixture over chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken completely; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; remove chicken from marinade, add to the skillet and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potato and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: Per Serving 213 Calories; 7g Fat (31.1% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 492mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!