- 1 large spaghetti squash halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 pound prosciutto chopped
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and prosciutto and cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients (tomatoes through oregano).
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Using a fork, scrape the squash into long, thin (spaghetti-like) strands.
- Serve sauce over squash. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 309 Calories; 14g Fat; 28g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 3726mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!