- 6 pork cutlets pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Season pork with salt and pepper; set aside. In 3 shallow bowls: place flour in one, the eggs in another and the bread crumbs and cheese in the last.
- Dredge cutlets in that order. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add coated pork; cook for 4 minutes per side or until crisp, golden and cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed broccoli rabe. VEGETARIAN: Substitute pork with portabella mushrooms. KOSHER: Replace the pork with boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten-free flour and bread crumbs or make your own crumbs from gluten-free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 453 Calories; 15g Fat; 54g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 153mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!