- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28-oz. can whole plum tomatoes crushed
- 3/4 cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound linguine pasta OR Spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 bunch basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta in time for dinner.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, olives, capers, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes or until sauce comes to a low simmer and starts to thicken.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce; stir to combine.
- Top with chopped basil and lemon zest then serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side; add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, olives and capers are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 371 Calories; 8g Fat; 11g Protein; 64g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 220mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!