Paprika Quinoa Crusted Chicken Caesar Salad
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons anchovy fillets
- 6 ounces low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts chopped
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small head radicchio chopped
- 4 ounces pancetta cubed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika. Spread the cooked quinoa on a large plate and place chicken breast halves on top; slightly press to coat each side. Set aside.
- To prepare dressing: Place next 10 ingredients (vinegar through parsley) in a blender; process until smooth then slowly drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive through the hinged cap in the lid while blender is running. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together lettuce, tomatoes, and radicchio. Set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until browned and crispy; remove from pan and set aside. In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add chicken; cook until quinoa crusts are crispy and chicken juices run clear (2 to 3 minutes per side).
- Slice the cooked chicken and add to the salad bowl along with prepared dressing; toss and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls with butter. KOSHER: Skip the anchovy fillets, yogurt, Parmesan and pancetta and increase the olive oil in the dressing by 2 tablespoons. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard and pancetta are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 564 Calories; 25g Fat; 56g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 760mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!