Pan Fish Sauté
- 4 8-oz. Mahi Mahi Fillets
- 1 small head garlic peeled and chopped, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 medium green bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for at least 20 minutes (see recipe).
- Rub fillets with half of the garlic, the salt and the pepper. Allow them to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- At time of cooking, dredge marinated fillets in flour, shaking off excess. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook (in batches if necessary) until lightly browned on all sides; transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add remaining garlic to the pan; cook and stir just until it starts to turn golden (not burned!).
- Add bay leaves, bell pepper strips and sliced onion; cook until softened then add vinegar.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes; pour over fish and serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed asparagus. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten-free flour and make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 464 Calories; 15g Fat; 45g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 185mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!