Orange Chipotle Scallops
- 2 pounds scallops
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for 3 hours (see recipe).
- Place scallops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 10 ingredients (orange juice through crushed red pepper flakes); pour mixture over scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated scallops; cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper and curry powder to taste). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 305 Calories; 8g Fat; 39g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 899mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!