Onion and Fig Pork
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1 medium red onion roughly chopped
- 4 figs peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a food processor, place remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Pour mixture over pork chops then seal the bag and turn to coat completely. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated pork chops and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed green beans. NUTRITION: per serving: 316 Calories; 14g Fat; 31g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 535mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!