- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- 2 pounds flank steak cut diagonally into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced thin
- 3 scallions sliced thin on bias (diagonally)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup low sodium coconut aminos
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion, scallions and carrots; cook until half way done then remove from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gingerroot, garlic, water, coco aminos, brown sugar and crushed red pepper flakes until sugar has dissolved; set aside.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl; add steak strips and dredge, shaking off excess.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium high heat until hot. Add steak strips and brown for 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and set aside. Now whisk in coco aminos mixture to the pan along with beef strips and veggies; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat and veggies are cooked to your liking.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice; add steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, add sliced zucchini and red and yellow bell pepper strips. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure coco aminos is gluten free and use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 537 Calories; 34g Fat (59.4% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 571mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!