- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients – DO NOT OVER-MIX! Place mixture in a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; bake for 1 hour or until the center of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Allow meatloaf to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed broccoli rabe. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of beef. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce is gluten free. Use gluten free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving 394 Calories; 5g Fat (27.5% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 102mg Cholesterol; 551mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!