Mexican Infused Steaks
- 4 6-oz. New York strip steaks
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a food processor, blend remaining ingredients (cilantro through cayenne pepper) until smooth. Pour mixture over steaks, seal bag and turn to coat completely. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from marinade. Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, ground cumin, chili powder and diced green onions to taste). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION per serving: 468 Calories; 34g Fat; 33g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 574mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!