- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts drained and quartered or halved
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and squeeze the juice from the lemon quarters over the top. Cook shrimp for 3 minutes then turn and cook for 2 minutes or until pink and opaque.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining ingredients (wine through coriander) to the skillet and stir well to blend. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Return shrimp to the skillet and heat through.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and cucumber, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 337 Calories; 10g Fat; 40g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 276mg Cholesterol; 1204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!