Mahi Mahi Picatta
- 6 large mahi mahi fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Season fish with salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper then sprinkle with flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fish to the skillet; cook for 2 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter and scrape up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add garlic and capers; sauté for 1 1/2 minutes. Add wine then reduce heat and simmer until wine is slightly reduced.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve sauce over fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: White and wild rice pilaf and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Instead of fish, use sliced tempeh and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour and make sure capers and wine are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 355 Calories; 17g Fat; 42g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 218mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!