Lemon Thyme Chicken
- 1 4-pound whole roasting chicken
- 3 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (melted ghee or coconut oil through black pepper).
- Pour mixture over chicken. Roast for 1 hour, basting occasionally, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees or is browned and juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and honey-glazed carrots (steam sliced carrots; drain, then toss with a little raw honey and orange juice). NUTRITION: per serving: 807 Calories; 62g Fat; 56g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 265mg Cholesterol; 697mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 Fat. Points: 22
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!