Jalapeno Coconut Scallops
- 3 tablespoons ghee divided, or use coconut oil
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream
- 1/2 jalapeno de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season scallops evenly with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then add to the skillet and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place remaining 5 ingredients (coconut cream through paprika) and remaining ghee (or coconut oil) in a food processor. Blend until smooth then transfer mixture to a small saucepan and cook until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Serve sauce over scallops. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder and chopped cilantro to taste). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette NUTRITION: per serving: 508 Calories; 31g Fat; 41g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 953mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat. Points: 13.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!