Italian Sausage with Potatoes and Peppers
- 6 links lean Italian sausage
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and thickly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and thickly sliced
- 1 large onion thickly sliced
- 2 large russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker; toss to combine thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and tomato, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: Omit sausage and double the vegetables. KOSHER: Use Italian beef sausage. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sausage, wine and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving 461 Calories; 36g Fat (70.8% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 86mg Cholesterol; 1068mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!