Honey Mustard Meatloaf
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, place first 9 ingredients (ground beef through almond meal/flour). Using your very clean hands, blend ingredients thoroughly then place mixture in a loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and honey; brush mixture over the top of the meatloaf and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli rabe. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 893 Calories; 62g Fat; 59g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 292mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 7 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 24
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!