Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1 4-pound whole roasting chicken
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1 lemon quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 9 ingredients (mustard through ghee or coconut oil). Rub mixture into the surface of the chicken then fill the cavity with the onion and lemon quarters.
- Roast chicken for 1 hour or until an instant meat thermometer registers 165 degrees. Allow chicken to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add steamed asparagus.. NUTRITION per serving: 835 Calories; 59g Fat; 57g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 256mg Cholesterol; 838mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 22
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!