Holiday Steeped Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple cored and chopped, I use honey crisps
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add remaining ingredients (cranberries through cinnamon); cook, stirring occasionally until mixture is slightly reduced.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake for 50 to 70 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed rutabagas and Shredded Brussels Sprouts (cut Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then thinly slice; stir-fry in grass-fed butter and olive oil till fragrant then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a little ground nutmeg). NUTRITION: Per Serving: 249 Calories; 7g Fat; 28g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 606mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!