Hard Cider Pot Roast
- 1 2 1/2-lb. boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 8 ounces hard cider or use low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place pork and baby carrots in a large slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (hard cider through thyme). Pour mixture over pork and baby carrots and stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee or coconut oil, and salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION per serving: 643 Calories; 45g Fat; 37g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 168mg Cholesterol; 1104mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!