Ham and Squash Stew
- 1 pound chopped ham
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon minced oregano
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 large parsnips chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- In a large bowl place the first 4 ingredients (ham through oregano) and mix well.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the pork and the onion. Cook for 10 minutes, until pork is brown.
- To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients (butternut squash to broth) and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Vegetables (except for Nightshades) NUTRITION: 462 Calories; 25g Fat (48.4% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 1841mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!