Gingered Beef with Broccoli
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- 3/4 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or use stir-fry sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup snow peas trimmed
- In a medium saucepan, steam broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in ice water. Heat a non-stick wok or skillet over high heat. Add half of the oil, the gingerroot and the beef strips. Stir-fry until beef strips are browned (just on the outside). Add soy sauce (or stir-fry sauce) and toss to coat. Remove beef strips and sauce from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan then add broccoli florets along with bell pepper, mushrooms and snow peas. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return beef and sauce to the pan and toss to heat through (about 30 seconds).
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce (or stir-fry sauce) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 269 Calories; 13g Fat; 23g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 1879mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!