Gaucho Steak with Chimichurri
- 2 pounds beef skirt steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper then grill for 6 minutes per side or until cooked to the desired level of doneness.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, prepare chimichurri sauce: Place remaining ingredients (parsley through olive oil) in a blender; process just until combined.
- Slice steaks and arrange on a large platter.
- Serve with the chimichurri sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and braised kale. VEGETARIAN: Substitute grilled eggplant cutlets for the steak KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 436 Calories; 34g Fat; 30g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!