Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 medium onion thickly sliced
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut about 12 slits in the tenderloin. Slice the garlic cloves into spears and insert them deep into the meat. Press the onion slices into the bottom of a baking dish then top with tenderloin.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine seasonings (salt, pepper and paprika). Press mixture into the tenderloin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth and mustard. Pour mixture into baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add steamed broccoli florets. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use a boneless skinless turkey breast instead of tenderloin. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 168 Calories; 4g Fat; 27g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 278mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!