Garlic Lemon Pot Roast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 4-pound pot roast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 1 small onion chopped
- In a large skillet over high heat, add coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the roast and brown each side for 5 minutes. To a large crock cooker add the remaining ingredients (salt and pepper to onion) and mix well. Place roast in crock cooker and cover. Cook on LOW for 6 hours, until roast is very tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.) NUTRITION: 560 Calories; 39g Fat (63.2% calories from fat); 43g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 131mg Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!