Garlic Cilantro Steak
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and minced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (olive oil through jalapeno pepper).
- Pour mixture over steak. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- At the time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from marinade.
- Grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to the desired level of doneness.
- Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes then thinly slice against the grain (diagonally). Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, chili powder, and chopped cilantro and green onions to taste). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION per serving: 563 Calories; 47g Fat; 3 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 119mg Cholesterol; 577mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 7 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!