- 2 15-oz. cans garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small white onion minced, divided
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs or regular dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, seeded, diced small
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 6 burger buns split and lightly toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- tomatoes sliced
- In a food processor, combine first 14 ingredients (beans through water); pulse until smooth. If dry, add a little more water.
- Form bean mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add patties and cook for 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Prepare tzatziki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine reserved minced onion along with the yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, salt and dill; set aside.
- Serve patties on burger buns with lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado, chopped artichokes and grape tomatoes, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free burger buns or go bun-less. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 517 Calories; 34g Fat (59.4% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 119mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!