Fajita Taco Salad
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- Brown the ground beef in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes. In a separate skillet, sauté sliced bell pepper and onion until softened.
- Place next 8 ingredients (cilantro through salt) in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until smooth. In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, tomato and black beans along with the sautéed bell pepper, onion and ground beef.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, cucumber spears and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add warm, buttered corn muffins. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. Skip the yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and canned beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 441 Calories; 11g Fat; 16g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 215mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!