Drunken Pomegranate Steaks
- 4 6-oz. New York strip steaks or cut of your choice
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pomegranate seeds
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a food processor, blend together remaining ingredients except for butter (wine through rosemary); pour mixture over steaks.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steaks from marinade (reserving marinade) and grill for 4 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked to the desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add reserved marinade and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve sauce over steaks.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass-fed butter, salt, and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 518 Calories; 39g Fat; 25g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 635mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 6 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!