Cranberry Jalapeno Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients (cranberries through paprika) in a food processor; blend until smooth then pour mixture over chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Serve any remaining sauce over the top!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked acorn squash and steamed sliced carrots with frozen petite green peas. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 242 Calories; 7g Fat; 28g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 616mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!