Coriander and Cumin Steaks
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 6 oz New York strip steaks or cut of your choice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, whisk together all seasonings (coriander through cayenne pepper); rub mixture into both sides of each steak. Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; pour over the steaks then gently massage them with the mixture. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steaks from marinade and grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little grass fed butter and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 410 Calories; 33g Fat (74.1% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 602mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!