Classic Pulled BBQ
- 2 pounds pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 medium red onion peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- Place pork in a large slow cooker.
- In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients (vinegar through garlic). Pour mixture over pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Shred pork with 2 forks then blend well with slow cooker juices.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and a big bowl of Zesty Coleslaw (finely shredded cabbage and carrots, thinly sliced radishes and zucchini and chopped green onions, tossed with a whisked-up dressing of cider vinegar, raw honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and dry mustard). NUTRITION: per serving: 548 Calories; 38g Fat; 31g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 651mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!