Citrus Yogurt Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp, garlic, and jalapeno; cook until shrimp are pink and opaque (3 to 4 minutes per side) and garlic is soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend together remaining ingredients (yogurt through salt and pepper); add shrimp mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or cover and chill before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve shrimp mixture over mixed salad greens. Add sliced cucumber and tomatoes on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of shrimp. KOSHER: Use Vegetarian option (above). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure yogurt is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 228 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 234mg Cholesterol; 271mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!