Citrus Cilantro Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops 6-oz.
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (orange juice through oregano) along with 3 tablespoons of olive oil). Reserve half of this mixture and set aside. Pour remaining mixture over pork chops. Seal the bag and turn to coat chops with marinade; refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side or until a brown crust forms; transfer to a baking dish. Pour reserved marinade over pork chops and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until cooked through (depending on thickness). Allow pork chops to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Skip the recipe and serve large baked potatoes with toppings of your choice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 249 Calories; 14g Fat (51.0% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 3835mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6.5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!