Chicken Taco Soup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and dice chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Blend well then place in a slow cooker. Add diced cooked chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of guacamole (avocado mashed with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and salsa to taste) with dipping veggies (carrot, celery and jicama sticks, English cucumber spears and radishes). NUTRITION per serving: 271 Calories; 2g Fat; 44g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 2087mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!