Chicken Kale Soup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cubed
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 cups overflowing chopped kale
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; stir well to blend thoroughly.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours, stirring every 2 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 230 Calories; 7g Fat; 40g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 236mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!